Pregnancy can make you uncomfortable to the extent that you are unable to conduct your normal duties. You will feel varying aches, pains, and constant mood swings that can make the pregnancy journey quite difficult. The increased weight and the fact that it is centered on your belly will result in a change of posture as the body tries to accommodate to the changes.
Getting a prenatal massage is one of the most effective ways of helping you to cope with the changes happening as a result of the pregnancy. A lot of spas offer pregnancy massage and choosing among them can be difficult.
Here are some amazing tips to help you get the best prenatal massage:
- Ensure that the massage therapist has adequate training and vast experience in pregnancy massage. To ensure that he is really good at it, you can check the reviews submitted by previous clients. If most of these reviews are positive, you can go for your massage with the assurance that you’ll get exceptional services.
- Talk to your therapist about any concerns, difficulties or aches: to be able to offer customized massage services, the massage therapist will ask about your medical history. He will want to know about your pains and discomforts and whether there is any particular time that the condition gets worse.
Talking about any troublesome issue in your body will help the massage therapist to know the best massage technique to handle it.
- Ensure that you are comfortable during the massage: before the start of your massage, ensure that you are lying or sitting comfortably as this is the only way you’ll enjoy your massage. If your pregnancy is in the second or third trimester, lying on your belly may not be possible. The massage therapist should help you get in a comfortable sitting position or lying on your side.
- Speak Up During the Massage: it is normal to get uncomfortable sitting or lying in one position for long while pregnant. Any time you feel the need to change your position, speak up and the massage therapist will ensure you are in a more comfortable position. You should also speak up if you feel that the pressure the massage therapist is using is too much.
- The most important step towards getting the prenatal massage you deserve is choosing the right spa and the right pregnancy massage therapist. Ask whether the massage therapist has handled cases similar to yours in the past to avoid being used for experimental purposes.
You will find your pregnancy journey much easier when you get regular massages from a therapist who is really good at what he does. A person that is not only interested in helping you to get rid of any discomfort but one that will ensure that your baby is safe as well.
You can book your pregnancy massage once a month to begin with and as your pregnancy advances, go for bi-weekly massages. This way, you will be in perfect shape when the time comes to deliver.