As a pregnant woman, you deserve a massage just like any other person to help in getting rid of muscle tension and any pain in different parts of the body. Below is a guide that will help you choose the best time to have the massage, the best place to have the massage, and the best person to carry out the massage:
- Who: Before you decide to have a pregnancy massage, you should get the right person who is trained on the proper way of carrying out a pregnancy massage. There should be a license to this effect from a recognized institution.
You can also ask questions regarding how the massage will be carried out; the answers he gives will show that he knows what pregnancy massage is all about or not. If he cannot give definite answers, then he is not fit to carry on with the massage.
- What: The massage therapist should be able to know the best type of pregnancy massage to carry out according to the current health condition. He should be knowledgeable about the different massage techniques, their benefits, which massage type is safe, among other important considerations.
- Why: Pregnancy massage has so many benefits if it is carried out in the right way. It will improve your sleeping patterns, get rid of muscle tensions, relieve muscle pain, and improve the flow of blood and oxygen to different parts of the body and to the unborn child as well. A massage will also help to improve the mood of the mother and when she is happy, it will positively affect her child too.
- When: You should choose the best time to have a pregnancy massage together with your massage therapist. If you are in the first trimester when you experience morning sickness, you should schedule the massage for that time when the signs of morning sickness are not there. If this is not possible, it will be better to wait until the second trimester when the risks of miscarriage will be less.
- How: The massage therapist should be able to help you to get in the best position so that you will be more comfortable during the massage. The massage table should also be safe for you such that it will not cause any harm to the unborn baby or lead to too much straining of the uterine muscles.
You should avoid lying on pregnancy massage tables that have a dent in the middle where the belly will be lying on. If you lie on such a table, you will be straining the muscles in the uterus as there will be nothing to support it.
A pregnancy massage will lead to great benefits that will make the nine month’s journey easier and enjoyable. You will no longer have to worry about the muscle pains or tensions in different parts of the body as they will not be there.
Ensure that you put the above into considerations so that the life of the unborn child and yours as well will be safe. Do not allow an unlicensed person to massage you as he will not know where to massage and where to not to massage. He will also know the best techniques to use during the massage sessions that will be beneficial.
Thank you to http://www.tmclife.net/ for contrabution of this article and their continued support of the massage industry.